MBSeducate.net a Service of MBS Media Limited., or in respect of residents of Europe, (“MBSeducate.net”, “we”, “us” or “our”) operates an digital reading platform that enables customers to acquire and read written works through a variety of electronic devices and software applications. MBSeducate.net is part of MBS Media Limited.
Collection of personal information
“Personal information” (also referred to as “Personal Data” in some jurisdictions) is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you.
We collect, process and use your personal information when you:
- register for a MBSeducate.net Account or log into an existing account;
- visit our website;
- order products or content from us;
- access the MBSeducate.net Platform or use the MBSeducate.net Services; or
- contact us for customer care.
The information we collect is typically related to the product or service you request and include:
- your name and title;
- address and email address;
- the nature of the product or service requested;
- connection and service usage details;
- payment information; and
- related information which we may need to fulfill your request.
Cookies and similar tools
Children under 16 years of age
Users must be at least 16 years old or older to register for a MBSeducate.net Account to use the MBSeducate.net Services. MBSeducate.net does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that MBSeducate.net has in its database the personal information of a child under the age of 16, please contact us at [email protected] and we will use our best efforts to remove the information from our records.
How we use the information we collect
(a) Managing your MBSeducate.net Account
We collect your personal information to:
(a) create and manage your MBSeducate.net Account; (b) monitor and manage your purchase transactions; including administration; provisioning; billing and reconciliation; verification of your identity, solvency and creditworthiness (c) comply with legal and regulatory requirements and with the competent judicial authorities in each geographical jurisdiction that MBSeducate.net operates in; (d) maintain, support and develop the products and services you purchase; and (e) perform statistical analysis. We also use your information to assess risk and detect and prevent fraud. Any fraudulent misuse of your MBSeducate.net Account or the MBSeducate.net Platform may result in the suspension or cancellation of your MBSeducate.net Account.
For example, this information allows us to ensure that digital content is sent to you in compliance with applicable geographic rights and usage limitations applicable to the content. We will also send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and information requested by you, such as in response to a request for customer assistance. Emails and messages concerning the administration and operation of your MBSeducate.net Account and/or the MBSeducate.net Services will be sent to you. If you opt out of receiving these communications, we may be unable to provide the services to you.
(b) Organizing contests
From time to time, MBSeducate.net may invite you to enter various contests or promotions. If you choose to participate in a contest or promotion, your personal information may be used to administer the contest, such as to determine your eligibility for the contest or to award a prize.
MBSeducate.net’s contests or promotion may be operated with other organizations. This will be identified in the contest rules. The contest rules will additionally identify if your personal information will be shared with the other organization and if so, the purposes for the disclosure and your privacy rights. This data collection and sharing may be necessary for the consideration of your participation.
(c) Sending newsletters and marketing emails
With your permission we also want to provide you with the most up-to-date information about our services, products, and other information that might be of interest to you when using services from MBSeducate.net and/or our affiliates and partners.
To offer you more personalized offers and/or special offers, discounts and other information, MBSeducate.net may send you newsletters, discounts, promotion codes, and general information about MBS Media Limited Service including its affiliate companies, if you consent. Your consent is not required as a condition of using the MBSeducate.net Service, and you may withdraw it at any time.
How we may share the information we collect
We may share the information we collect, including your personal information, with third parties under the following circumstances (including intra-group transfers and transfers to entities in countries that do not provide statutory protections for personal information):
- Service providers and business partners. We may share your personal information with our service providers and business partners that perform marketing services and other business operations on our behalf and under our instructions. For example, we may partner with other companies to process secure payments, fulfill orders, optimize MBSeducate.net Services, send our newsletters and marketing emails, support email and messaging services and analyze information.
- Retailer partners. We may share your personal information with various retailer partners in the country where you live.
- Protection of rights and other legal purposes. We may share the information we collect, including personal information, with law enforcement or to otherwise comply with any statutory or regulatory requirement or the order of a court or other public authority agency, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
Data transfers from the EU
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from E.U. or U.S. law, please note that you may be transferring your personal information to MBS Media Limited in the Republic of Ireland and in other countries around the world for the purposes described in the third bullet above under the heading “How we may share the information we collect”. We take great care in protecting your personal information and have put in place adequate mechanisms to protect it when it is transferred internationally.
Legal bases for using your personal information
There are different legal bases that we rely on to use your personal information, namely:
- Legitimate interests – We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests to improve our products and services and the content available on the MBSeducate.net Platform.
- If we need to further process (or engage data processors to further process) your personal information, we will let you know if there is a new purpose for that further processing that is not compatible with the notices and consents that we have from you, and we will provide you with any relevant further information.
Third party websites
The MBSeducate.net Platform may contain links to websites not owned or controlled by MBSeducate.net. MBSeducate.net does not have any control over these third-party websites. We encourage you to be aware of these other third-party websites and their privacy statements, as we cannot control and are not responsible for privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Security and data retention
We deploy administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information that we collect. We evaluate these safeguards on an ongoing basis to help minimize risks from new security threats as they become known.
However, no information system can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
We retain the information collected via the MBSeducate.net Services until such time as you choose to close your MBSeducate.net Account. After that time, we may anonymize and aggregate the data and retain the data in that form for the same analytical purposes stated above.
Your choices and your rights
You can unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us in your settings by clicking “Account Settings” under “My Account” once logged into your MBSeducate.net Account. Or you can click the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an automatic email.
You can change information about your account by connecting to your MBSeducate.net Account and modifying the information listed in the “About Me” tab. Some of this information is optional and you are not required to provide it to us, however other information such as payment information is required for MBSeducate.net to be able to provide you with our services. You are not required to provide any information to us that is unnecessary to provide the MBSeducate.net Services.
Subject to local law, you may have certain rights regarding information that we have collected and that is related to you. We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if you believe that any information that we have collected about you is inaccurate.
Consistent with legal requirements and limitations, you can also ask us:
- to see what personal information we hold about you;
- to erase your personal information;
- to port your personal information; and
- to restrict our use of your personal information.
Please note that we will likely require additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, send us an email at [email protected]. Alternatively, you may have a right to complain to your local data protection authority (if one exists in your country).
How to contact us
If you would like to contact us with questions about our privacy or data protection practices, please contact us at [email protected].
Last updated: November 16, 2019