Terms Of Service
If you do not comply with this Agreement at any time, MBSaudible.net reserves the right to immediately cancel or terminate your access to the Service (or any part thereof) and/or your Customer account, if any. In MBSaudible.net’s sole discretion and without prior notice or liability, MBSaudible.net may discontinue, modify or alter any aspect of the Service including, but not limited to:
- restricting the time the Service is available;
- restricting the amount of use permitted; and
- restricting or terminating any user’s right to use the Service.
You agree that any termination or cancellation of your access to, or use of, the Service may be effected without prior notice. If you do not abide by the terms of this Agreement, you agree that we may immediately deactivate or delete your Customer account, if any, and all related information and/or files in your user account and/or bar any further access to such information and/or files and/or the Service (or part thereof). Further, you agree that MBSaudible.net shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination or cancellation of your access to, or use of, the Service. You acknowledge that your only right with respect to any dissatisfaction with any modification or discontinuation of or to the Service, or any policies or practices by MBSaudible.net in providing the Service, including without limitation any change in content, is to cease using the Service and cancel or terminate your subscription or Customer account, as applicable.
All literary works on the Service (each, “Digital Content”) are the exclusive property of the publisher or its licensors and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. The download of, and access to any Digital Content is available only to Customers and is intended only for such Customers’ personal and non-commercial use. Any other use of Digital Content downloaded or accessed from the Service is strictly prohibited. Customers may not modify, transmit, publish, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the content of any Digital Content, in whole or in part. By downloading or otherwise accessing Digital Content from the Service, the Customer hereby acknowledges and agrees to these terms.
MBSaudible.net may also take steps to prevent fraud, such as restricting the number of titles that may be accessed at one time, and monitoring Customer accounts for any activity that may violate these Terms. If MBSaudible.net discovers any type of fraud, MBSaudible.net reserves the right to take enforcement action including the termination or suspension of a User’s account.
Only Customers may purchase Digital Content on the Service.
The Service accepts the following credit cards: Visa and MasterCard.
Depending on the country in which you are making your purchase, the following payment methods may also be available: American Express, Discover, Visa Debit, PayPal, iDeal and JCB.
When a credit card is being used for a purchase, MBSaudible.net may obtain a pre-approval from the credit card company for an amount up to the amount of the order. Billing to the credit card occurs at the time of purchase, or shortly thereafter.
- the ability to access the Customer’s account and purchase Digital Content (including a listing of Customer’s literary works) via one of MBSaudible.net’s applications across multiple platforms, including on the Customer’s devices such as eReaders, tablets, mobile phones, and personal computers (“Devices”) and via MBSaudible.net’s website;
- the ability to purchase, access, view, download, store, and read Digital Content on the Customer’s Devices from within the Customer’s account;
- unlimited storage of Digital Content purchased or downloaded via the Customer’s account on MBSaudible.net’s systems, which can be accessed at all times when the Customer is logged into their accoun; and
- the ability to access certain functionality within Digital Content such as highlighting, in-book dictionary, bookmarking, and annotations
If you are a Customer then you agree to the following:
- in consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside, or 13 years old or older up to the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside with the express written consent of your parent or legal guardian, and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws your applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by any registration form(s) on the Service, including your geographical location and billing address (the “Registration Data”); and
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, MBSaudible.net has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof);
- Customers will receive a password and account designation upon completing the Service registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to:
- immediately notify MBSaudible.net of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security; and
- ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
Restrictions on Use
These terms apply to all users of the Service, whether or not you are a Customer.
You shall use the Service for lawful purposes only. You shall not post or transmit through the Service any material that
- violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others,
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, or
- encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law. Without MBSaudible.net’s express prior approval, you shall not post or transmit through the Service any material that contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services. You shall not use the Service to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation, including, without limitation, the solicitation of users to become subscribers of other on-line information services. Any conduct by you that in MBSaudible.net’s discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Service will not be permitted.
You shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on the Service any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right and the burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright rests with you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission. By submitting material to any public area of the Service, you automatically grant, or warrant that the owner of such material has expressly granted MBSaudible.net the royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, display, translate and distribute such material (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed. You also permit any other user of the Service to access, view, store or reproduce the material for that user’s personal use. You grant MBSaudible.net the right to edit, copy, display, publish and distribute any material made available on the Service by you. The foregoing does not apply to literary works provided to MBSaudible.net for sale on the Service by a publisher or other content provider.
You may not obscure or misrepresent your geographical location, forge headers, use proxies, use IP spoofing or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send on or through the Service. You may not pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Service, including, without limitation:
- accessing data not intended for you, including logging into a server or account which you not authorized to access;
- attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- using any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Service or any Site Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or any Site Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Site;
- taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Service or MBSaudible.net’s systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Service or to MBSaudible.net’
- conducting a reverse look-up, tracing or seeking to trace any information on any other user, Customer or visitor to the Service, or any other customer of MBSaudible.net, to its source, or exploit the Service or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Service, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided for by the Service;
- attempting to interfere with, disrupt or disable service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of “denial of service” attacks, overloading, “flooding”, “mailbombing” or “crashing”;
- forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting;
- disrupt network nodes or network services or otherwise restrict, inhibit, disrupt or impede MBSaudible.net’s ability to monitor or make available the Service; or
- taking any action in order to obtain services to which you are not entitled.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. MBSaudible.net will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting any user (whether or not a Customer) who is involved in such violations.
Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability
- YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER MBSaudible.net, ITS AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE WEBSITE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
- THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ADDITIONALLY, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE.
- IN NO EVENT WILL MBSaudible.net, OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT INCLUDED THEREIN, BE LIABLE IN CONTRACT, IN TORT (INCLUDING FOR ITS OWN NEGLIGENCE) OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY) FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, LOSS OF USE OR SIMILAR ECONOMIC LOSS, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL USE OF AND CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL MBSaudible.net’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING ITS OWN NEGLIGENCE) OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE.
- THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INACCURACY, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY), NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT MBSaudible.net IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD-PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless MBSaudible.net and its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, costs, liabilities, losses and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of your use of the Service.
MBSaudible.net and related words, domain names and logos are trade-marks and the property of MBS Media Limited. All other trade-marks, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
Third Party Content
MBSaudible.net has no more editorial control over content than does a public library, bookstore, or newsstand. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including content providers and users, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of MBSaudible.net. In many instances, the content available through the Service represents the opinions and judgments of the respective content provider or user. MBSaudible.net neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the Service by anyone other than authorized MBSaudible.net employee spokespersons while acting in their official capacities.
Some of the literary works offered on the Service have been identified as being in the public domain by certain content providers. MBSaudible.net does not verify the accuracy of public domain designations and is not liable for any damage that may result from the downloading or other use of such literary works by you. If you do not reside in the relevant jurisdiction for which the public domain designation has been made, it is your responsibility to check the laws of your country of residence prior to downloading or accessing such literary works.
MBS Media Limited. controls the Service of MBSaudible.net from its offices within Mallow, Co. Cork, Ireland. The Service can be accessed from all countries around the world. As each of these jurisdictions have laws that may differ from those of the Republic of Ireland, by accessing the Service, you agree that all matters relating to access to, or use of, the Service, or any other hyperlinked website, shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland. You also agree and hereby submit to the non-exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the Republic of Ireland and acknowledge that you do so voluntarily and are responsible for complying with all local laws.
Last updated on November 16, 2019.